Are you interested in getting dental implants?
Missing teeth were never something that you thought you would have to deal with and yet, a surprising number of adults, even young adults, face this problem. The good news is that dental technology has come a long way over the years, making it possible for your Albuquerque, NM, periodontist, Dr. Petra Mayer, to provide patients with dental implants, the next best thing to real teeth.
What are dental implants?
An implant is a popular solution for replacing missing teeth because they are permanent and lifelong. Plus, they have the look and feel of a real tooth. A small titanium screw or post, which takes the place of the missing tooth roots, is inserted into the jawbone. Over the course of several months, the jawbone and gums grow around the screw, implanting it permanently into the jawbone. Once this occurs, the artificial tooth is then fitted over the screw to complete your new tooth.
Why dental implants?
This procedure is a wonderful way for your Albuquerque, NM, periodontist to replace missing teeth, restore smiles, and improve oral health. Implants provide our patients with a new attitude, appearance, and confidence because this restoration is truly the closest you can get to a real tooth.
While the goal is always to preserve your own natural smile, the truth is, there are millions of Americans missing teeth and they need a trustworthy and lifelong solution. Dental implants offer them that.
Some of the benefits of dental implants include:
- You don’t have to worry about cavities because implants are made from synthetic material
- They won’t move or shift around in your mouth, they will stay firmly in place like natural teeth
- They are easy to keep clean, just simply brush and floss them like you would your natural teeth
- They stimulate the jawbone to produce new bone cells, which keeps the jawbone healthy and strong
- They fill gaps in your smile to prevent the rest of your teeth from drifting into these gaps
- They fully restore your bite, so you can eat what you want without concern
If you are interested in sitting down with your Albuquerque, NM, periodontist, Dr. Mayer, to discuss dental implants, then call our practice today at (505) 881-2400 to schedule a consultation. Your new smile is just a call away.